Thursday, April 5, 2012

Juice Fast Day 1


I heard about this great documentary for eating healthier by one of my friends. She told me to watch “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” on Hulu. It is an hour and a half show and I watched it all, completely impressed and feeling very unhealthy. If you haven’t seen it yet, you will want to at least watch it! This man goes on a “Juice” cleanse for 60 days. He eats nothing but fruits and vegetables that he juices in his juicer. He heals himself from the inside out and loses weight too. It sounds like a good idea, but I don’t think that I can do 60 days.
I have decided to try to do it for 3 days, and I am going to write all about it.

Day 1:

I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 152 lbs. It wasn’t too bad just having juice today. Some of the recipes that I used from the fat sick and nearly dead website were gross and some were good. I didn’t crave food until the end part of the day, which is when I usually eat treats. But I made it through pretty good. I think that tomorrow I will try to concoct some of my own recipes.
I thought that I would share one of the recipes that I liked from the website:

Carrot Apple Ginger Juice   (233 calories)
            3 carrots
            2 apples (I used Pink Ladies)
            1 small piece of ginger (about 1 inch)

Has anyone else seen the documentary?

No comments:

Post a Comment